Saturday, August 25, 2007

Garden Sculpture

If you look carefully, you'll see that this bird is made from old tools: shovel head, rake head, hand cultivator, iron rake, etc. (It lives in the flower garden at Dimond Hill Farm.)

Tomorrow we're going to the Windsor Fair and I can't wait! When we were there last year we saw a bunch of cool sculptures like this one. If I see one this year that I REALLY (really, really) like (and I can afford it), I'm getting one.

There were also blacksmiths, tool makers and guys napping flint blade knives. Michael and I tried our axe throwing skills and we'll DEFINITELY be purchasing a set of those. Fun, fun, fun and I'm really good at it -- and I don't mind saying so!

Also, we were surprised and delighted to find a Filipino Food vendor in among the usual fair fare -- and this year we'll visit that booth FIRST. Last time we had sampled a bunch of different tasties before stumbling on the FilipinoMobile and were too full to try everything. This year we've got a better game plan, heh, heh, heh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

really good at it, huh...

zulustudio.com said...

I was just letting you feel better after last year's performance. Well... when I FINALLY hit it, I WAS dead center :o)

Unknown said...

Actually I have one of these garden sculpture ornaments and want to sell on Craigslist - thinking $20? No idea original price....