Saturday, February 24, 2007

February Catalog

Looking through Lee Valley & Veritas catalogs is like being a little kid with a brand new Sears Christmas catalog. Am I dating myself? Do you remember those fat holiday catalogs filled with wonderful toys and games and things? I remember scrutinizing pictures of a favorite item and imagining what I would do with it if it was mine.

Some things don't change.

MMMMmmmm... look at that tool. If I had that I'd make a ________. While visions of sugarplums danced in my head.

Anyway, this month's cover photo is amazing. It's "a half-carved jacket emerging from a single block of basswood" by Dan Driscoll of Toronto. Incredible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love looking at the toys in the old Sears catalogs - but then I'm older than dirt (really old dirt)