Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bears, Bears, Bears...

we're back from our 5th Annual Honeymoon -- uneaten by bears! (saw two bears and lots of tracks) We saw and heard wildlife all over the place, including at camp. One deer we startled at a swamp jumped off behind some brush then stopped, turned around and checked us out. It stood and watched us for a bit then took a couple steps towards us before bounding off again.

On our June trip I took this picture of a giant beaver dam:Well, it sure looks different now!
Here's a shot of us at the trail head at camp. We're in the middle of the woods, miles out on a dirt road and lots of people stop and ask us if our truck is stuck/broke down. It's interesting the different reactions we get when we tell 'em we're camping, but almost everyone asks us if we know that there's bears all over the place. We know, we know -- we're very, very careful.
About 250 ft. down the main trail is our kitchen...another 50 ft. in is our fancy-schmancy propane shower with deluxe pallet flooring...and at the end of the main trail - camp. The screen house is on the left, the tent is on the right and there are tarps suspended over both...Here's two shots of Michael: adding to the woodpile and enjoying the fruits of his labors.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

...by the way, to the concerned members of my family, the bears she mentions are teddy bears. Yeah, teddy bears, thats it. No danger at all, just soft furry teddy bears. With almost no teeth at all...

Anonymous said...

And number one on the threatdown is... BEARS!!!!

Anonymous said...

btw... looks like fun. I wish IIII had a deluxe propane shower with palette (the french version) flooring.

zulustudio.com said...

Well, my little monkey friend -- next time you're visiting we'll rig it up in the back yard and you can have at it! Or you can take a shower in the front yard and put on a show for the neighbors. It might take their minds off the leaves...

Anonymous said...

every time I see these pictures on the blog I remember how much I love our little chunk o' trees. I know most people probably think we're freaks, but this is heaven to me. I'm really lucky to have a sweetie that enjoys it as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a Groucho Marx mustache in that picture?

Anonymous said...

... no, just a weeks worth of not shaving - although I did have a few cigars while I was out there

zulustudio.com said...

... and he told plenty of bad jokes.