Thursday, March 29, 2007

What a Bunch of Turkeys

In addition to the fattest, sassiest squirrels on the planet, we get a good variety of wildlife in our trees, yard and nearby woods. One dark, rainy day last fall Michael slipped outside while a number of turkeys were on our front lawn and snapped some pictures with the digital camera. The shots were really under exposed -- basically all black -- but I wasn't able to correct them at the time.

Well, I've been teaching myself some Photoshop baby steps and recently came across these pictures again. I was able to mess with the exposure and color balance... and ta da! The turkeys have reappeared!

I apologize for the distorted water droplets visible in all the pictures. I haven't learned much about retouching yet. Stay tuned! ;o)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They may have been searching for one of their compatriots inside...

Anonymous said...

Dinner on the hoof and all you did was take pictures?? I guess dinner on the claw would be more appropriate!