Monday, January 19, 2009

The Promise of a New Day

I've been soaking up all the radio, internet and television news about tomorrow's inauguration of our 44th president. I don't know if I can listen to it live while I'm at work, because I know it's going to make me cry. We might be heading to Matt's house during lunch to watch it on television... but I'm not sure if I want the shop guys to watch me lose my composure. Just listening to yesterday's concert at the Lincoln Memorial had me teary eyed. I was okay until Pete Seeger sang "This Land is Your Land."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!! I can't remember being made so happy by any political event.. And to have this happen in my lifetime is a true blessing.

Anonymous said...

Greatest historical event of my life. Who would have thought a politician could actually be inspirational ? I have a great big man-crush on Mr. Obama.