Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just Passing Through

This afternoon I was double checking spices and baking ingredients that I'll need for Thanksgiving cooking. I practically fell off the step stool when I looked out the kitchen window and saw a moose standing in our driveway, next to Michael's truck. I kicked off my slippers, ran down the stairs, grabbed my camera and dashed out the basement door -- scaring the moose down the driveway.

Here he is gallumping across the cul-de-sac:
I stopped about half-way down the front lawn and crouched near a tree. He stopped across the street and turned around to see what I was doing. Sorry the picture is so blurry -- it all happened pretty quickly.I was setting up to get a better picture when a UPS truck roared down the street and scared him off completely.
The UPS driver and I walked over to the edge of the woods to see if we could get a last look at him, but he was gone, gone, gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the UPS driver just moosed him

Anonymous said...

I figured someone would call me out on that lame joke for sure

Anonymous said...

Well... I have a hard time groaning and typing at the same time... so I settled for just a groan. If I owned a gong you would have been gong-ed off the stage.