Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Emancipation Proclamation Anticipation

I am really looking forward to the opening of this movie! I'm more excited about Lincoln than I've been about any new film in a long time. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was probably my last crush, but it pales in comparison to this. I long see this President represented in a manner which will engage modern audiences. I hope history comes alive on screen and some how sparks curiosity or wonder about our unique democracy. It seems like we've all forgotten our high school American History and US Government & Civics classes, this might be a timely reminder. Or at the very least a patriotic appetizer to rouse a hunger for a more perfect union.

1 comment:

Your One and Only Commenter. said...

Daniel Day Lewis is one of the few actors that may be able to actually pull this off.