Saturday, February 9, 2008

Who, Who?

Thursday night after work I had dinner with our real estate agent, Barbara. She traveled to Kenya last year and had wonderful stories and photos to share. Beautiful landscapes, people, animals... really incredible photos. People I know who've visited Africa all say that it is a life altering experience. Maybe someday I'll get to experience it myself.

She also had some pictures of a barn owl that lives in the woods behind her house in Kittery, ME. Look at this guy, sitting on one of her bird feeders and later, on her porch railing! I've only seen owls in captivity. I've heard them before, but couldn't see where they were. What beautiful animals and amazing hunters. I made sure to ask if all her cats are kept indoors...
Thanks for emailing these great pictures to me, Barbara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should have pictures of a barn owl on your blog because guess what was on my bird pole Tuesday morning? An owl just like this. The owl was there for about 5 minutes but when I went for the camera it flew off. Oh well it certainly was cool!