Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2008 Presidential Race

Because the New Hampshire Primary is the first in the nation, political season here starts early and rolls into a long, hot, boil before bubbling over in November. The polls just opened and very shortly I'll be casting my vote. Yesterday in Portsmouth there were a lot of people visiting from other states to volunteer for various presidential campaigns. Combined with the large number of political junkies who are residents and regulars, it made for lots of long, interesting conversations about the future of our country. The majority of registered voters in NH are Independents, not Democrats or Republicans. That certainly adds a little spicy uncertainty to the NH Primary. In another 12 hours we'll know what's really cookin'!

The picture with this post shows past Primary campaign buttons from the collections of the NH Historical Society and the NH Political Library. (Thanks WBUR!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo! Get outta my head, I was just thinking about you today out doing your civic duty and hopefully saving us from the powers that be!

Anonymous said...

we're trying ! although as I was leaving the polls I saw my dumbass ex-neighbor entering. It doesn't sem fair that his vote counts as much as mine...

zulustudio.com said...

I think the NH Primary proves that exit polls (polls of all kinds, actually), pundits, and network news talking heads are absolutely USELESS when it comes to politics and elections. They should spend all that time, money and effort on REPORTING FACTS not fortune telling and gossip.