Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Delightful Table... almost

I just took a good look at the stuff on our table and decided to take this picture. Local, lovely and delicious... check it out:

1. An army of fresh peaches from Union Lake Orchard in Barrington. I traded postcards and a display crate for them -- great deal! I've already eaten a bunch and brought some to friends, Becky was very generous.

2. Fresh tomatoes, lovely sunflowers and an entire basil plant (in a 5 gal. bucket) from Harvey Farm in Epping. I was looking for sprigs of basil when Louise Harvey came around the corner with this basil plant (roots and everything) -- I asked her for a couple sprigs and she gave me the whole thing! Woo Hoo!

3. Garlic and shallots from Dimond Hill Farm in Concord.

4. Honey and maple syrup, from Maine farms, that we picked up at the Windsor Fair.

5. Oh yeah, not so delicious... a Portsmouth parking ticket. Horrible in-town parking because that's the friendliest way to treat local business owners, employees and shoppers. Let's hear it for the City of Portsmouth Parking Jerks -- PPppppfffffFFFFTTT! (That's the sound of me writing a check while giving a raspberry.)

So, except for number five, we've got a table full of yummy New Hampshire and Maine goodness. Isn't Summer grand?

No comments: